- 1 small (7-8 ounces) package thin spaghetti
- 2 cups diced pork (lean, cooked)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup grated or 1/3 cup shredded)
- Lightly grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole. Heat oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Break spaghetti into thirds and cook in boiling salted water following the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced pork, condensed soup, peas and carrots, onion, celery, parsley, basil, and milk; stir in the drained spaghetti. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
For a richer sauce, use light cream or half-and-half instead of milk.
Replace the cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken or cream of celery soup.
Serve this dish with hot baked buttermilk biscuits or yeast rolls, along with a green salad or Caesar salad.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|