Serve this flavorful pork chop casserole with potatoes and your favorite side vegetables for a satisfying everyday meal. The pork chops are baked with an apple stuffing. Add steamed veggies or a salad for a fabulous meal.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, about 1 1/2 pounds
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 6 cups herb-seasoned bread stuffing cubes
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5). Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish or casserole.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add the pork chops to the pan and sear, turning to brown both sides. Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Cook the onion and celery in the same skillet until onion is tender; add chopped apples and cook for another minute. Stir in the chicken broth and condensed soup; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in stuffing cubes until cubes are moistened.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish or casserole. Place pork chops on top of stuffing. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chops are cooked through but still juicy.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|