This easy pork chop casserole recipe is perfect for an everyday family dinner. The stuffing is made with herb stuffing mix, such as Stove-Top, or use a stuffing crumb recipe. Pork rib chops or loin chops are excellent choices for this dish, and pork chops on the bone will be more flavorful than boneless.
Add a tossed salad, steamed vegetables, or sliced fresh vegetables and cranberry sauce for a quick and tasty weekday meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin or vegetable oil)
- 4 pork chops (about 3/4 to 1 inch in thickness)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (julienne sliced, or about 3/4 cup shredded or diced carrots)
- 1 box stuffing mix with herbs (about 6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock (or broth, low sodium or unsalted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Grease a shallow baking dish (7x11 or 9x13-inch, large enough for the 4 chops).
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Rinse the chops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they are nicely browned. Remove the pork chops to a plate.
- Add butter to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the chopped celery, onion, and carrots; saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until vegetables are tender.
- Add the stuffing mix and chicken broth to the sauteed vegetables; stir until blended and the stuffing mix is thoroughly moistened.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with the seared pork chops.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
Tips and Variations
- Brush the pork chops with barbecue sauce or marmalade before baking.
- Add chopped or sliced mushrooms to the skillet along with the celery, onion, and carrots.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||48 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|