|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 48g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||86%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy pork chop casserole recipe is perfect for an everyday family dinner. The stuffing is made with herb stuffing mix, such as Stove Top, or use a stuffing crumb recipe. Pork rib chops or loin chops are excellent choices for this dish, and pork chops on the bone will be more flavorful than boneless.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin or vegetable oil)
- 4 pork chops (about 3/4 to 1 inch in thickness)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (julienne sliced, or about 3/4 cup shredded or diced carrots)
- 1 box stuffing mix with herbs (about 6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock (or broth, low sodium or unsalted)
Heat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4.
Grease a shallow baking dish (7x11 or 9x13-inch, large enough for the 4 chops).
Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil; heat over medium heat until hot.
Rinse the chops, and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the pork chops to the skillet, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they are nicely browned. Remove the pork chops to a plate.
Add butter to the skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low.
Add the chopped celery, onion, and carrots; saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until vegetables are tender.
Add the stuffing mix and chicken broth to the sauteed vegetables; stir until blended and the stuffing mix is thoroughly moistened.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish; top with the seared pork chops.
Cover the dish tightly with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Brush the pork chops with barbecue sauce or marmalade before baking.
- Add chopped or sliced mushrooms to the skillet along with the celery, onion, and carrots.