The dry coffee rub provides the pork a rich, earthy flavor without overpowering it with coffee flavor.
- 6 medium bone-in pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- For the Coffee Rub:
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL salt
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL ground coffee
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar (dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon/1.25-2.5 mL cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL ground coriander
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients (except pork chops) and stir until well blended. Preheat the grill.
- Generously rub both sides of the pork chops with the coffee rub.
- Grill the pork chops for about 5 to 7 minute on each side over a medium heat.
- Let the chops rest covered with aluminum foil before serving. Discard any unused rub.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|