These flavorful pork chops with sour cream are super easy to prepare and cook in a skillet. Serve these pork chops with a rice dish or potatoes and a tossed salad or side vegetable for a fabulous meal.
The pork chops are finished with a creamy sour cream sauce and chopped fresh herbs for garnish.
- 4 pork chops (boneless or bone-in, about 1-inch thick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (or grill seasoning blend)
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 to 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard (Dijon)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Optional: 1 cup pearl onions (frozen)
- Optional: 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Season the pork chops with grill seasoning or Cajun seasoning and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil.
Brown the pork chops in the hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side; remove to a plate and set aside.
Add mushrooms to the skillet along with 1 tablespoon of butter and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender. Add the pork chops back to the pan along with the lemon juice, mustard, chicken broth, and pearl onions, if using.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the cover, add the tomatoes, if using, and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
With a slotted spoon or spatula, remove the pork chops and vegetables to a serving dish.
Stir sour cream into the pan juices and heat through. Do not let the mixture boil.
Pour the sour cream sauce over the chops and sprinkle with fresh parsley, chives, or thyme.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|