These grilled pork chops are smothered in a delicious sun dried tomato sauce and served over pasta. A hearty and delicious meal for any occasion.
- 4 pork chops
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked pasta (hot, I recommend packaged fresh pasta)
- For the Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cup/300mL water
- 3/4 cup/180 mL chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL white wine
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL sun-dried tomatoes (bits)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL dried basil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL olive oil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- Using a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté garlic for 1 minute.
- Add broth and wine, cook for an additional minute.
- Add 1 cup/240 mL water, milk, tomato paste, tomato bits, basil, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup/60 mL water and cornstarch; added to sauce.
- Cook until sauce has thickened (about 1-2 minutes), stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
For Pork Chops:
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Butterfly pork chops by cutting lengthwise through the middle to the bone.
- Spread the side open until chop resembles a butterfly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chops on the grill.
- Cook, covered for 12-15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Turn once during grilling.
- The pork chops ready once they have reached an internal temperature of 160 F.
- Cook fresh pasta according to directions. I suggest fresh fettuccine for this dish.
- Serve grilled chops over cooked pasta topped with sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|