Bring a touch of Indian flair to your table with this recipe garnished with a flavorful fruit chutney. Use an electric skillet to make these pork chops, or cook them on the stovetop. The sauce is an easy blend of chutney and seasonings. Serve alongside rice or potatoes.
More Pork Chop Recipes
- 4 to 6 loin pork chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup mango or peach chutney, or homemade nectarine chutney
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Creole mustard or spicy mustard
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the kosher salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the pork chops and brown well on both sides.
- Add chicken broth or water to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the chops. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until chops are done.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|