Sometimes simple is best! This uncomplicated pork chop and rice bake is good-tasting and easy to prepare. Add broccoli or another side vegetable and a tossed salad for a complete meal.
Feel free to add some chopped pimientos or carrot matchsticks to the rice mixture for some extra flavor and color.
- 6 to 8 pork chops
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish, combine the soup mix, rice, and water.
- Place pork chops on top of the rice mixture.
- Spoon some of the rice mixture on top of each pork chop.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes; remove the foil and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve the pork chop and rice casserole with steamed broccoli or a tossed green salad. Or serve it with sliced fresh tomatoes.
You Might Also Like:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|