These delicious fried pork cutlets have a crispy coating and a savory, delicious mushroom sauce. These are great with roasted or mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables. I used pork loin cutlets, more of a boneless thin pork chop, but pork tenderloin could also be used. Cut a 1-pound tenderloin into 1/2- to 1-inch slices and flatten each slice to make a thin cutlet.
- 1 pound pork loin (boneless thin cutlets)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons mustard (Dijon)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (flakes)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- For the Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in a wide bowl or plate.
- Combine the egg, mustard, and water in a bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Combine the panko crumbs and parsley flakes in a plate or shallow bowl.
- Coat the cutlets with the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, then coat with the panko crumbs.
- Saute the cutlets, turning to brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Remove the cutlets to a plate and keep warm in a warming oven or a 200° oven.
- Pour off the fat and add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet; saute the mushrooms until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Remove the mushrooms to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet; stir in the flour until well blended, cooking and stirring for 1 minute. Add the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste. Add mushrooms back to the sauce and serve with the pork cutlets.
Pork Cutlets With Cranberry Balsamic Glaze
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||57 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|