This Japanese pork fried rice includes traditional vegetables and seasonings, including onion, carrot and green pepper. Throw it together next time you have some leftover steamed rice and the dish will be a hit at your next family dinner or pot luck.
- 2 cups steamed Japanese rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced ham/pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok or a large skillet on high heat.
- Scramble eggs very quickly in wok.
- Stop heat and transfer eggs from wok to plate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in wok on high heat. Sauté vegetables and ham until softened.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and chicken bouillon powder.
- Add rice and stir-fry well.
- Add scrambled egg that was cooked earlier to the rice mixture and mix together.
- Turn the heat down to low, pour soy sauce and stir quickly.
- Stop the heat.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|