This pork dish includes potatoes and carrots. The pork and vegetables are layered in the Crock-Pot and slow cooked to perfection.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (cubed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounces, red or white, liquid reserved)
- 4 medium potatoes (sliced into 1/4" slices, red, round white, new potatoes, or other waxy variety)
- 4 medium onions (sliced)
- 6 carrots (cut into 4" pieces)
Trim visible fat from pork. Toss the pork cubes with flour to coat well.
Combine salt, thyme, crushed coriander seed, and pepper; reserve.
Drain liquid from beans into a 2-cup measuring cup; add boiling water to make 1-1/2-cups. If you'd like, you can use chicken broth instead of water.
Layer vegetables and pork pieces in the slow cooker in the following order, sprinkling each layer with the seasoning mixture: half of each of the potatoes, onions, pork, beans, and carrots.
Repeat with remaining vegetables, pork and seasoning mixture for a second layer.
Pour liquid over; dot with butter.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|