|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 79g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 20g||71%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pork dish includes potatoes and carrots. The pork and vegetables are layered in the crock pot and slow-cooked to perfection. This recipe is perfect for those days where you don't want to worry about dinner. All you need to do is place the ingredients in the slow-cooker and let it do its magic.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (cubed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans (red or white, liquid reserved)
- 4 medium potatoes (sliced into 1/4-inch slices, red, round white, new potatoes, or other waxy variety)
- 4 medium onions (sliced)
- 6 carrots (cut into 4-inch pieces)
Gather the ingredients.
Trim visible fat from pork.
Toss the pork cubes with flour to coat well.
Combine salt, thyme, crushed coriander seed, and pepper; reserve.
Drain liquid from beans into a 2-cup measuring cup; add boiling water to make 1 1/2 cups. If you'd like, you can use chicken broth instead of water.
Layer vegetables and pork pieces in the slow cooker in the following order, sprinkling each layer with the seasoning mixture: half of each of the potatoes, onions, pork, beans, and carrots.
Repeat with remaining vegetables, pork and seasoning mixture for a second layer.
Pour liquid over; dot with butter.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.