Skip the take out and make this quick and easy Chinese pork lo mein with ramen noodles and stir fry vegetables recipe,
- 1 pound boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, chicken flavored
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki or Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 3 cups stir-fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- Cut the pork into thin julienne strips. Add the soy sauce and cornstarch. Marinate the pork for 15 minutes.
- Peel and chop the garlic. Wash the green onion and chop into 1-inch strips.
- Break the Ramen noodles into pieces and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the contents of the flavor packets, pour the boiling water over and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix the teriyaki sauce with the chicken broth and set aside.
- Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic. Stir-fry until aromatic (about 15 seconds). Add the pork. Stir-fry until the turns white and is nearly cooked through. Remove from the wok.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add the stir-fry vegetables. Stir-fry according to the package directions, adding a bit of soy sauce and sugar for extra flavor if desired.
- Push the vegetables up to the side. Add the chicken broth and teriyaki sauce mixture in the middle of the wok. Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring quickly to thicken. Add the pork and the noodles. Stir in the green onion. Heat through and serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|