Orange juice, honey, mustard, and garlic are the ingredients in this easy pork marinade. A pork loin rib roast offers great flavor and an attractive presentation. It's a perfect choice when you're expecting company, and it makes a fabulous meal for a holiday feast. This kind of roast isn't one we cook on a regular basis but don't feel intimidated; it's easier than you think.
The roast is marinated for at least 2 hours, so plan to begin the meal early in the day. Have the rib roast cut in the size you need; count on at least one rib per person.
- 4 pounds pork loin rib roast (6 to 8 ribs)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Pat the pork roast with paper towels to dry.
- Combine the orange juice, minced garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and honey or brown sugar in a large resealable food storage bag or container. Add the pork roast and seal. Marinate the pork for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally to keep the roast coated with marinade.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and place a rack in the pan.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and place it on the rack in the prepared roasting pan. Wrap the tops of the bones with foil to keep them from becoming charred, if desired.
- Roast the pork for about 20 minutes per pound. The minimum safe temperature for pork—according to the USDA—is 145 F. If unsure, check with an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast, not touching bone.
- Bring the remaining marinade to a full boil. Combine the cornstarch and water and stir until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the marinade and cook, stirring, until it is thickened.
- Tent the pork loosely with foil and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice the roast between the ribs and drizzle each slice with some of the sauce mixture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|