- 1 5 to 6 pound boneless pork loin
- 4 to 6 slices bacon
- For the Rub Mixture:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (coarse ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar (light, packed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Place pork loin in a roasting pan. Combine the rub ingredients and rub over the pork.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half crosswise and lay them over the pork loin.
- Roast for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the pork registers about 150 F.
- In the meantime, combine the brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, and dry mustard in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 1 minute. Spoon over the pork and return to the oven.
- Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until pork registers 160 F.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||48 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|