Serve this flavorful glazed pork loin with mashed potatoes and your favorite side vegetable for a delicious everyday meal or weekend dinner.
- pork loin roast (bone-in, about 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large clove garlic (halved lengthwise)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Optional: 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (dark grade A or grade B)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Rub the roast all over with the garlic halves; discard the garlic. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. If there is very little fat on top of the roast, lay 2 slices of bacon across the top (optional).
- Roast the pork, uncovered, for about 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Brush the glaze over the roast and continue baking for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the roast registers about 155 F on a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meatiest part of the roast (not touching bone or fat). Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|