|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||73%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This slow cooker recipe might not produce authentic barbecue ribs, but you will get tender, great tasting ribs. Remember to drain the fat from the ribs before you start adding the other ingredients.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup (240 mL) chicken stock
- 1 8-ounce (225 mL) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) Dr. Pepper soda
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place country-style pork ribs in slow cooker with chicken stock. Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs and drain slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine. Add pork ribs and continue cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once cooked, serve ribs with your favorite sides.