This slow cooker recipe might not produce authentic barbecue ribs, but you will get tender, great tasting ribs. Remember to drain the fat from the ribs before you start adding the other ingredients.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup (240 mL) chicken stock
- 1 8-ounce (225 mL) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) Dr. Pepper soda
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Place country-style pork ribs in slow cooker with chicken stock. Cook on high for 1 hour.
2. Remove ribs and drain slow cooker. Add all other ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine. Add pork ribs and continue cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Once cooked, serve ribs with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|