|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This pork roast is stuffed with spinach, garlic and thyme which gets the flavor deep into the meat. Enjoy with your favorite side dish or grilled vegetables. While this dish can be served any time of the year, it is perfect during the holidays and Easter.
- 1 rolled boneless pork loin roast (3 to 5 pounds.1.5 to 2.3 g)
- 1 1/4 cup/300 mL baby spinach
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh thyme leaves
- 8 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
1. Cut the strings off the roast and unroll it. Place all of the spinach and about 1 tablespoon/15 mL of thyme on the inside, along with 1/2 of the garlic slivers. Re-roll the roast and tie with new cotton string. Cut several evenly spaced slits into the roast and insert one garlic sliver into each whole. Continue until you run out of garlic making sure that it's even distributed over the whole roast. Rub roast with olive oil and press remaining thyme leaves over the whole surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat grill. Grill the roast indirectly for 1 1/2-2 hours over a medium heat. It's best to use a meat thermometer with a cut like this. Take the roast off the grill when the internal temperature of thickest part of roast reaches 160 degrees.
3. When the roast is done remove it from the grill and tent with aluminum foil. Let meat rest for 10-12 minutes before carving. Remove strings and cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve.