One thing that really makes this Satay recipe stand out is the peanut butter. The nutty flavor mixed with the mild smokiness of the soy sauce and the sweet brown sugar combines well to form delicious morsels perfect for get-togethers. Serve as appetizers or the main dish.
- 1 pound/450 grams boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/120 mL onion, minced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL brown sugar
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL vegetable oil
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 small chili finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
Cut pork into 1/2" cubes and place into a resealable plastic bag. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until evenly mixed. Pour mixture over pork and gently toss to coat, making sure all pieces have the marinade on them.
Thread pork on skewers and grill over hot coals for eight to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until done. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for one hour to prevent burning.
Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Taste for salt and spice content and adjust to your liking. Serve with fresh of the grilled pork.