This easy pork stroganoff is made with lean pork strips. Use pork loin or boneless country-style ribs in the recipe. Serve this pork stroganoff with hot cooked rice or noodles. Tomato paste, onions, and sour cream are among the ingredients. Serve the pork with hot cooked rice or noodles.
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced button or crimini)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean pork (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste, freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (halved or quartered and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup beef stock (or chicken stock)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white rice (cooked according to package directions, or hot cooked noodles)
- In a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove to a plate or bowl; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Toss the pork strips with the seasoned flour until thoroughly coated.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet; add the pork and thinly sliced onion. Cook, stirring, until the pork is browned and onion is tender.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan along with the beef broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Stir in sour cream and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|