The lightly spiced mustard and Bourbon sauce liven up a pork tenderloin nicely. The pork is marinated for 4 hours or overnight, so plan to start the recipe early. While this recipe takes time to marinate it's very easy to assemble and the actual cook time is relatively short. A little preplanning will make for one tasty dinner. This recipe would be ideal for a dinner party where you want to get the lion's share of the meal prep done before your guests even arrive. This also helps save on some of the cleanup.
A tenderloin is a cut of meat that runs along the animal's spine. As this muscle is generally used only for posture it's considered one of the tenderest cuts of meat. Pork tenderloin is a tasty and cost-saving alternative to beef tenderloin without losing any of the tenderness.
Crusted and fried, pork tenderloin medallions make delicious sandwiches, and it's elegant enough for a special meal.
Real Kentucky bourbon is used in the creation of the sauce. While this sauce does use alcohol, most is burned off in cooking process leaving the flavor behind. You will not feel any effects of the alcohol used in the creation of bourbon sauce.
- 1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder (or 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- In blender or food processor, combine bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and oil; pulse until smooth.
- Place tenderloin and marinade in a food storage bag; refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook 4 inches from a hot charcoal fire for 15 to 25 minutes or until the pork has reached 165° internally and is no longer pink in the center.
- Baste occasionally while cooking. Slice in 1/2-inch thick slices to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|