This pork tenderloin with sour cream makes an extraordinary meal out of a lean, mild cut of pork.This recipe is an easy meal for any night of the week, and it is fabulous with potatoes and corn or green beans. You can also serve the pork with rice and a salad or your family's favorite vegetables.
The wine gives the sour cream sauce some extra flavor, but feel free to use more chicken broth in its place.
I sliced the tenderloins into medallions because they cook so quickly, but could also use the sauce with roasted sliced pork tenderloin or a roast pork loin.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch (6 to 8) green onions with about 2 to 3 inches of green sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Slice tenderloins into about 8 pieces; flatten each medallion slightly with the heel of your hand.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes, then add onion and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a plate; set aside.
- Pour off the excess liquids from the pan. Melt the remaining butter with oil over medium heat. Add pork tenderloin medallions and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Sprinkle the pork lightly with salt and pepper. Pour in wine and half of the chicken broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Stir flour into the remaining chicken broth until smooth.
- In the skillet over medium heat, stir in the flour and broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Stir in the sour cream, parsley, and the cooked mushrooms and onions. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve sauce with the pork slices.
More Great Pork Recipes to Try
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|