Hot and tangy, this iconic dish is from the heart of beautiful Goa on India's western coast. Eat it with plain boiled rice or Jeera Rice and a leafy green salad.
- Coat the pork well with the vindaloo masala paste. Allow it to marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions till golden. Add the ginger paste, cinnamon and cloves and fry for a minute.
- Add the palm sugar and stir well.
- Add the meat only (leave behind marinade paste/liquid for later) and brown well.
- Add the paste/liquid that the meat was marinated in, now. Add a cup of water and salt to taste.
- Stir well, reduce flame and cook till pork is tender.
- Serve with plain boiled rice or Jeera Rice.