|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds, fat trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (quartered)
- 3 large apples (cored and quartered)
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Coat a large ovenproof Dutch oven with vegetable oil and place over medium-high heat. When very hot, add the pork roast. Cook, turning the roast as you cook until all sides are browned, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a medium bowl, combine the honey, orange juice, apple juice concentrate, pepper, and brown sugar. Spoon over the pork roast. Place the sweet potatoes around the pork. Cover and bake for 2 hours. Pork should register at least 145 F on an instant-read thermometer, the minimum safe temperature for pork.
Place the apple quarters around the pork. Bake, uncovered, basting frequently, for 20 minutes, or until the apples are just tender. Let the pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve pork roast sliced, with the sweet potatoes and apples.