The marinade not only tenderizes the flank steak but gives it a delicate sweetness with a hint of onion. A great dish to serve up on weeknights and special occasions.
- 2 pounds/900 g flank steak
- 1/2 cup/120 mL port wine
- 1/4 cup/60 mL minced onion
- 1 1/2/7.5 mL tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place flank steak in resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over meat. Using the outside of the bag, massage the marinade into the meat, making sure every part of the steak is coated. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator for 2-8 hours.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Remove steak from bag and place onto grill. Cook steak for 18-20 minutes turning occasionally.
Once the meat has reached the desired doneness, remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|