Steamed fresh green beans are a tasty addition to this nicely seasoned sour cream and dill potato salad. For best flavor, make this a few hours in advance and chill until serving time.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups green beans, steamed until tender* and cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, mashed and finely minced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dillweed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and let cool completely.
- Transfer the cooled potatoes to a large bowl along with the steamed green beans, chopped onion, sliced celery, and garlic. Lightly toss to blend.
- Stir in 2/3 cup mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, the sour cream, dill, and salt and pepper, to taste. If necessary, add a little more mayonnaise.
*Steamed Fresh Green Beans - Put washed and trimmed green beans in a steaming basket. Put the basket in a pan with about 1 to 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp as desired. If you're using frozen green beans, follow the package directions to steam or microwave.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|