|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10 to 12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This casserole is rich and flavorful with cream-style cottage cheese, sour cream, and garlic.
The potatoes make an extra-special side dish, perfect for a Sunday dinner, potluck, or holiday feast.
- 5 cups potatoes (about 1/2-inch dice; use red-skinned, new, or round white potatoes)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (cream-style)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese (or mild cheddar)
- Optional: dash paprika
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the cream-style cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion, garlic, and salt.
Add the potatoes and stir gently to blend ingredients. Transfer the potato mixture to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Top with the shredded cheese and sprinkle paprika over the top of the potatoes, if using.
Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes, until hot and bubbly.