This potato latke recipe is suitable for Passover because it is made with matzoh meal, not flour, and it comes together quickly because it's made in a food processor. Serve with applesauce and sour cream.
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 medium onions (peeled and quartered)
- 2 tablespoons matzoh meal (or more as necessary)
- 2 large eggs
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garnish: applesauce
- Garnish: sour cream
- Using the grating disk of a food processor, shred the potatoes. Temporarily transfer grated potatoes to another bowl.
- Replace the grating disk with the metal blade and return the potatoes to the processor bowl along with onions, matzoh, eggs, and salt and pepper. Process until well combined. Add more matzoh meal if the mixture is too runny.
- Heat about 1/4-inch oil in a large skillet until hot enough for a small drop of batter to sizzle when it touches the grease. Using a large spoon, mound equal portions of potato mixture in oil, flattening slightly. Shake pan to make sure pancakes aren't sticking. Fry over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with applesauce and sour cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|