Shredded carrot and potato give this meatloaf additional flavor and texture.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork or ground chuck
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 large baking potato, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon herb seasoning mixture
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients until blended.
- Pack into a lightly greased meatloaf pan or loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place in an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Pour off excess grease, spread 1/4 cup ketchup over the top of the loaf, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes longer.
More Meat Loaf Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|