This is a refreshing potato salad to take along to a cookout or make it for a summer potluck event. The recipe is a family favorite, shared on our forum by Maddy. The salad is perfect for a potluck or large gathering.
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- chopped dill pickles. to taste
- 2 cups of mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 package dry buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 pound good quality flaked crabmeat
- Peel the potatoes, if desired. Cut the potatoes into small chunks and put in a large saucepan.
- Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain and let the potatoes cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the red and green onions and pickles. Combine the cooled potatoes with the onions and pickles in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Whisk to blend.
- Add enough of the mayonnaise mixture to the potato mixture to flavor and moisten as desired.
- Mix all ingredients well; taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Refrigerate the salad for several hours or overnight.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|