|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Fresh or frozen green peas add flavor and color to this well-seasoned potato salad. This salad is easy to make and perfect for any cookout or potluck.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise, as desired
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, optional
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until tender.
Drain and transfer to a bowl; add chopped eggs, peas, and onion. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
In a cup or bowl, combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard. Gently stir into the potato mixture until blended. Add more mayonnaise, if desired. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4 to 6.