|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Fresh or frozen green peas add flavor and color to this well-seasoned potato salad. This salad is easy to make and perfect for any cookout or potluck.
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise, as desired
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, just until tender.
Drain and transfer to a bowl; add chopped eggs, peas, and onion. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
In a cup or bowl, combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard. Gently stir into the potato mixture until blended. Add more mayonnaise, if desired. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.