Potatoes au gratin dish is made with diced cooked potatoes and a simple cheddar cheese sauce. Bread crumbs are added to make a delicious crunchy topping. This is an excellent way to use leftover boiled potatoes.
Au Gratin Potatoes Slices
- 3 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Butter a shallow, broiler-safe baking dish.
- Place the diced potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 6 tablespoons of butter. Remove 3 tablespoons of butter to a cup or bowl; set aside.
- To the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter in the saucepan, add flour. Stir to blend well; continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in milk. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick and smooth. Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Pour the sauce over potatoes in baking dish; mix gently.
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl; drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the buttered bread crumbs evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake potatoes au gratin in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes to heat through and then broil until golden brown.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|