Pralines are a buttery, crispy candy made with brown sugar and pecans. These praline muffins take the best flavors of the traditional candy and turn them into a delicious and decadent baked good. Drizzle the simple sugar glaze over the tops of the muffins and you're ready to serve.
- For the Muffin Batter:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat the overn to 375 F and grease 14 to 16 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until lightly browned; remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix cooled melted butter with milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients; pour in milk and butter mixture. Stir with a fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Lightly blend in chopped pecans. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups or liners, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake praline brown sugar pecan muffins at 375 F for about 15 to 20 minutes, until nicely browned; transfer to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins.
- Let muffins stand until glaze has set and serve.
More Nut Muffin Recipe Favorites
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|