|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Portions (4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This dish is simple and really quick to make. Serve it with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) or plain boiled rice and a lentil dish.
- 1 lb./500 g. medium to large-sized prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 2 1/2 cup/250 g. baby okra (tops and tails chopped off)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 large onions
- 12 to 15 cloves of garlic (chopped very fine)
- 2 green chilies (slit lengthwise)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped fine)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they stop spluttering, add the onions and garlic and fry till light golden.
Add the green chilies and fry for a minute.
Add the tomatoes and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the okra, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve after 2 minutes with chapatis (Indian flatbread) or plain boiled rice and a lentil dish.