These cookie press cookies are flavored with almond or vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar until fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Add almond extract.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to creamed mixture gradually.
- Press cookies 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool butter cookies on a wire rack.
- Decorate cookies with melted almond bark or sprinkles, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|