This recipe for Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore has such a wonderful rich flavor. It's hard to believe that it cooks in just 10 minutes in your pressure cooker.
To use the pressure cooker properly, you need to follow a few rules. Always read the instruction manual for the appliance before you begin and make sure you understand all of the features and buttons. Be especially vigilant about safety instructions, so you don't burn yourself when you use this appliance.
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts; if you want to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, increase the cooking time to 2 to 3 minutes. The chicken, whether white or dark meat, should be cooked to 165°F for food safety reasons.
Serve this easy and flavorful recipe with hot cooked pasta, which is the classic accompaniment, or hot cooked rice to soak up the sauce. Pair the dish with a green salad tossed with tiny and sweet grape tomatoes and Italian vinaigrette. A glass of rose or red wine would be delicious too.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into 2" chunks and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place oil in the pressure cooker, and heat according to directions.
- Add chicken and brown for approximately 5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Close the lid and bring to high pressure (15 pounds per square inch [psi]).
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Stir the dish and check to make sure the chicken is 165°F. Serve with hot cooked pasta.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|