This is a versatile yet robust spice blend for a prime rib rub. The combination of the white pepper and cinnamon gives this an almost sweet yet spicy flavor. Feel free to make this ahead of time and double quantities for future use.
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL salt (sea salt or coarse sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/15 mL white pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Apply rub mixture all over prime rib and cook as directed.
If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This rub will stay good for up to six months.