This is a versatile yet robust spice blend for a prime rib rub. The combination of the white pepper and cinnamon gives this an almost sweet yet spicy flavor. Feel free to make this ahead of time and double quantities for future use.
Click Play to See This Prime Rib Rub Recipe Come Together
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL salt (sea salt or coarse sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/15 mL white pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container, for up to six months, or, use immediately by applying rub generously to prime rib and cooking as directed.