|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This is a great seasoning rub for a standing rib roast. The combination of the pepper and a hint of cinnamon gives this an almost sweet yet spicy flavor.
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) salt (sea or coarse salt)
- 2 tablespoons pepper (fresh, ground black)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (15 mL) pepper (white)
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Apply rub mixture all over prime rib and cook as directed.
2. If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place. This rub will stay good for up to 6 months.