If you like Jamaican jerk seasoned dishes, here is a prime rib recipe sure to please. This recipe calls for a jalapeno and cayenne pepper. Remember that once seeded, jalapeno loses much of its heat. If you want it spicier, add a little cayenne pepper to the rub.
- 1 6-8 pound/2.7 to 3.6 kg standing rib roast
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.25 mL coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons/5 mL cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL allspice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper (optional or adjustable)
Mix together rub ingredients in a small bowl. Slather mixture onto rib roast. Allow roast to sit in room temperature with seasonings on for at least 20 minutes. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place rib roast on grill rack and allow to cook for 2 hours or until internal temperatures reaches 145 degrees F. ( 63 degrees C.) Cook longer (20-30 minutes) if you want it a little more well done. Once cooked to desired doneness, removet roast from heat and place onto a large cutting board.
Let meat rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Serve with your favorite side dishes and side sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|