These beautiful little puff pastry heart sweet rolls can be served either as cookies for an afternoon pick-me-up or as a sweet cinnamon-dusted roll for brunch. They're pretty enough for a special occasion but simple enough for an easy weekend treat.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 sheet puff pastry (dough thawed if frozen)
- 3 tbsp. butter (melted)
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle work surface with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Place dough on cinnamon sugar. Lightly press dough into sugar and roll out slightly with rolling pin. Brush dough with 2 Tbsp. butter and sprinkle with rest of sugar.
- Starting with the shortest sides, roll up each side jelly-roll fashion until the rolls meet in the center. Refrigerate dough 30-40 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. With a serrated knife, gently cut the roll into 16 slices. Place slices cut side down, 2" apart on prepared cookie sheets; press down to 1/4" thickness. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form a heart shape. Drizzle hearts with remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely; store at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|