When I make pulled pork, there's usually plenty to freeze for later. This is an excellent recipe for leftover pork barbecue. Serve these biscuit cups for dinner with coleslaw and fries or chips. They make a great snack or lunch with a cup of soup or salad.
You can use this recipe with your leftover pulled chicken or shredded beef as well. Take a look at these creative ways to use pulled pork for more ideas.
If you don't have leftover pulled pork, no problem! You can find fully cooked pulled pork in barbecue sauce in your neighborhood grocery store. I usually have a package in my refrigerator or freezer for quick meals.
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (1 tube, 10 biscuits)
- 3/4 cup pulled pork (leftover)
- 10 slices dill pickle
- 10 thin slices tomato (Roma)
- 1/4 cup red onion (or sweet onion, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (shredded)
- Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray 10 muffin cups with baking spray or grease them lightly.
- Flatten the biscuits slightly and press over the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups. Put about 1/2 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in each cup and then top with about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of pulled pork.
- Top the pulled pork with a thin slice of tomato and a dill pickle slice. Sprinkle some finely chopped onion and then top each cup with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|