An excellent way to enjoy for breakfast, the leftover pulled pork from the night before. This casserole incorporates Mexican cooking flavors for a mouthwatering meal.
- 2 cups/475 mL pulled pork
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup/180 mL whole milk
- 1 small can of chilies (diced, mild or medium)
- 1 cup/240 mL Monterey Jack (shredded)
- 1 spring onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted, let cool slightly before using)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL chili powder (mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Garnish: 1 cup/240 mL salsa (chunky)
- Garnish: 1 avocado (pitted and chopped into small pieces)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup/120 mL sour cream (or plain Green Yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, melted butter, and milk.
- Add remaining casserole ingredients into the bowl (combine but do not over mix).
- Place into a casserole dish and top with chunky salsa.
- Bake casserole for 40-45 minutes until it has set up all the way through and has a golden brown color on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces and top with avocado pieces and sour cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|