This pulled pork recipe is made with an oven barbecued pork roast which is shredded and then heated with barbecue sauce, onions, and seasonings.
- Lay a large sheet of heavy duty foil in a roasting pan (large enough to wrap the roast).
- Place pork roast on foil. Rub pork all over with garlic and seasonings. Arrange onion slices over top.
- Wrap foil around the pork roast.
- Bake at 350 F for about 4 to 5 hours, to about 185 F. The meat should be falling apart.
- Let the roast cool a bit, then begin to shred with forks or chop, discarding as much of the excess fat as possible.
- Sauté chopped onions in a little oil until tender.
- Put shredded pork in a slow cooker or a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Blend in vinegar and barbecue sauce, along with the cooked chopped onion.
- Heat thoroughly on LOW setting or over low heat.
- Serve hot on split toasted buns, coleslaw, and baked beans. Pulled pork is also excellent with potato salad or fries.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|