- 1 pork shoulder roast
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (steak, burger, or spicy chicken)
- 2 limes (juiced, or about 1/4 cup of apple juice)
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (green, seeded, coarsely chopped)
- 2 to 3 cups barbecue sauce (or to taste)
- Put about half of the onions in the slow cooker. Place the pork roast on the onions and sprinkle generously with grill seasoning. Top with the remaining onions and peppers and drizzle with the lime juice.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Remove the roast and vegetables and shred. Discard juices and return the shredded pork to the slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce, cover, and cook on LOW for about 1 hour.
- Serve on toasted buns with coleslaw and pickles.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|