|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 53g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||94%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||23%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
To prepare the wet mustard rub, you will need to use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to mince the citrus peels and rosemary leaves.
- 1 boneless pork butt (about 5-6 pounds/2.3-2.7 kg)
- For the Rub:
- 2 cups/475 mL mustard (Dijon)
- 1 cup/240 mL parsley (minced)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL dried orange peel (or lemon peel, minced)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL rosemary (leaves, crushed)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL black pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix rub ingredients into a paste. Coat pork shoulder with rub, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hours. Preheat smoker and prepare for an 8-hour smoke.
- Make sure wood chips are soaked and drained before using. Add charcoal and wood chips as necessary to keep the temperature low, around 225 degrees F/110 degrees C. Smoke pork shoulder for about 8 hours or until internal temperatures reach 185 F/85 degrees C.
- Once pork is cooked remove from smoker. Wrap tightly in foil and allow to sit for an hour. Afterward, unwrap pork butt and shred. Combine pork with 1/3 of your favorite table sauce. Keep warm and serve on white bread buns with remaining sauce on the side. Top with Cole Slaw and favorite finishing sauce.