These muffins are sweetened with brown sugar, but if you'd like a less sweet muffin to go with chili or beans, feel free to cut back on the sugar.
These muffins are moist and delicious. Try them with simple maple butter or a cream cheese spread.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 375 F. Grease and flour 12 muffin cups.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg, milk, pumpkin, and butter. Combine the two mixtures and stir until blended. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|