|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 35g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A pumpkin martini offers the sweet taste of a traditional pumpkin pie in a glass. It has long been a favorite cocktail for fall, and this recipe uses simple kitchen staples. Made with vanilla vodka, cream liqueur, pumpkin purée, and pumpkin pie spice, this pumpkin pie martini is quick and delicious. It's also a fabulous way to use up excess ingredients from your holiday pie-making endeavors.
A seasonal twist on the vanilla martini, vanilla vodka is an excellent base for any pumpkin martini. It adds a slight sweetness to the background while Irish cream delivers a lusciousness that transforms it into the ultimate dessert cocktail. A combination of pumpkin purée and pumpkin pie spice gives it the taste of a real slice of pumpkin pie. You can make both the purée and spice mix from scratch rather quickly or pick them up at the store. Adorning the rim with sweetened and spiced graham crackers and adding a cinnamon stick garnish completes the pumpkin pie experience.
This cocktail is thick and rich and can act as a dessert on its own for Thanksgiving dinners or whenever you crave a yummy pumpkin cocktail. It's also fantastic when paired with non-pumpkin autumn desserts like apple cobbler or even a small bowl of vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce.
"If you like to drink your dessert, then this is the fall cocktail for you. It's truly a boozy pumpkin pie in a glass. Make sure to shake it for a full 30 seconds and, if you'd like a super smooth cocktail, strain through a fine-mesh strainer into the glass." —Laurel Randolph
Gather the ingredients.
In a small dish, combine the finely crushed graham cracker, sugar, and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, mixing into an even consistency. Pour a bit of Irish cream into a second small dish. Rim a cocktail glass by dipping the rim into the Irish cream, then rolling it in the graham cracker mixture, tapping off any excess. Place the glass in the freezer for a quick chill while making the cocktail.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vanilla vodka, 1 1/2 ounces of Irish cream, pumpkin purée, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Fill the shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- To make a quick pumpkin pie spice, combine two tablespoons of ground cinnamon, one tablespoon of ground ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves. This blend also makes an excellent pumpkin spice coffee.
- If you need some tips on how to rim a cocktail glass, we have you covered.
- The rim mixture makes enough for at least four cocktails, so there's no need to make extra if you're making a few drinks at once.
- Using pumpkin purée creates a very thick cocktail, so extra dilution is essential. To lighten it up, be sure to shake it very well, and much longer (30 seconds or more) than you would other cocktails.
- Rather than Irish cream use another cream liqueur, such as RumChata.
- Pumpkin pie filling includes sweetener and spice, and will naturally create a slightly sweeter pumpkin martini. When using it as a substitute for the purée, use just 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice.
- While vanilla vodka is a natural choice for a pumpkin pie martini, this drink is also really interesting when made with vanilla or spiced rum. For extra spice, replace the vodka with a bold rye whiskey.
How Strong Is a Pumpkin Martini?
This pumpkin martini is similar in strength to other vodka martinis. The average vanilla vodka is bottled at 70 proof (though some are 80 proof), and that lowers the cocktail's alcohol content slightly, but not too much. Generally, this pumpkin martini will weigh in around 21 percent ABV (42 proof). It's a strong drink, though it's so thick and luscious that you'll likely only want one in a night.