This pumpkin pie is topped with a crunchy pecan streusel. Sweetened condensed milk and spices flavor the pumpkin filling. This recipe is a perfect dessert at fall or winter gatherings, or at any time of the year that you are craving pumpkin.
- 1 9-inch pastry shell (unbaked)
- 1 can pumpkin (16 ounces, or 2 cups puree)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 eggs (
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Pecan Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light, firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter (firm)
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt; blend well.
- Streusel topping: Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Bake for 25 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over pie. Continue baking at 350 F for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown and the filling is set.
More Pumpkin Pie Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|