|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This pumpkin pie is topped with a crunchy pecan streusel. Sweetened condensed milk and spices flavor the pumpkin filling. This recipe is a perfect dessert at fall or winter gatherings, or at any time of the year that you are craving pumpkin.
- 1 9-inch pastry shell (unbaked)
- 1 can pumpkin (16 ounces, or 2 cups puree)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Pecan Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light, firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter (firm)
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
Heat oven to 400 F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt; blend well.
Streusel topping: Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in chopped pecans. Set aside.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pastry shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Bake for 25 minutes longer.
Sprinkle streusel topping over pie. Continue baking at 350 F for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown and the filling is set.