This simple and healthy pumpkin seed pesto recipe is delicious used as you would any pesto recipe; to top a piece of fish, tossed into hot pasta, or stirred into a soup. Pumpkin seeds are one of nature's most nutritious foods and this delicious pesto recipe is a great way to eat them! By the way, don't worry about roasting and shelling them yourself. All the high-end grocery stores now sell these roasted and ready to use.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (shelled, roasted)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cupbasil leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse on and off, for about 20 seconds, until the seeds are almost ground.
- Add basil, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil, and pulse on and off for about 40 seconds (you may want to scrap down the sides with a spatula in between pulses), until all the ingredients are combined. The mixture should be more like a course paste than a liquefied sauce, so be careful not to over-process.
- Transfer to a bowl, taste, and adjust the seasoning with salt. Be sure to taste, as the pumpkin seeds may have been well salted when they were roasted. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two days.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|