This recipe makes two loaves of pumpkin bread, perfect for fall gatherings and parties. Freeze one loaf and take the second along to a party or potluck. Enjoy the second throughout the winter by letting it defrost and warming it in the oven so it has that perfect, just-baked flavor.
- 3 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 can/16 ounces pumpkin (purée)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium eggs
- Grease and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin and oil.
- Beat the eggs into the pumpkin mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the pumpkin mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|