|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
The pumpkin filling of these pumpkin bars is spiced with cinnamon and ginger and other spices. The great tasting oat crust is buttery and chewy.
- 1 1/2 cups oats (quick cooking)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (light, firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped, or walnuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (16-ounce can)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light, packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Combine oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the baking soda, and the butter; beat until mixture is crumbly.
Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture and press remaining mixture into a lightly buttered 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.
Prepare the filling. Beat filling ingredients until well blended and smooth.
Spread filling over the crust; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer. Cool and cut into bars.
*The following can be combined to make pumpkin pie spice:
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice